It has never been easier to find help and support for our translation productivity tools, including SDL Trados Studio 2017. Here are 9 ways you can find help and support for your products:
SDL Customer Gateway
The SDL Customer Gateway recently replaced the Solution Finder and offers Non-Premium Support & Maintenance Agreement (PSMA) customers an improved support experience for installation and licensing including:
- A new and improved Knowledge Base
- Easier way to log installation and licensing cases
- An array of sources of information on support, SDL Community and technical documentation.
SDL Live Chat
The Customer Experience Team is available from 8:30am – 5:30pm (UK), Monday to Friday to answer your SDL Trados Studio questions via Live Chat. If you try to contact the team outside of these hours, you can send your question to the them and they will respond the following day.
The Customer Experience Team can assist you with the following:
- If you are new to translation software, the team can help you find out more about CAT Tools
- If you are a customer and are having installation and licensing issues
- If you want to upgrade to the latest version of SDL Trados Studio
- If you are using another CAT Tool and would like to find out more about SDL Trados Studio 2017.
Sign up for the SDL Community with your SDL Account and you will have access to our community forums. By joining the Translation Productivity Group you will be able to view discussions and ask questions on topics such as:
- Any question, whether it is technical or a query, about SDL Trados Studio and SDL MultiTerm
- SDL Language Cloud and the use of machine translation in SDL Trados Studio, including AdaptiveMT
- SDL AppStore questions or app suggestions
- Technical documentation and product help
Not only are SDL product experts on hand to answer your questions but your fellow translators are also here to help!
If you have a question about any of our products, our social media channels are a great place to ask them. If you do not follow us already, you can find us on the following social media:
- Facebook: post on our wall or send us a private message
- Twitter: send us a tweet or direct message us
- LinkedIn: follow our company page and join the SDL Trados Studio User Group to ask questions.
Our YouTube channel contains lots of helpful videos to improve your product knowledge, including:
- ‘How to’ videos for SDL Trados Studio 2017
- SDL AppStore app demonstrations
- New features and product releases
- Getting started videos for SDL Trados Studio, SDL MultiTerm and SDL Studio GroupShare
- Licensing and Support – How to active/deactivate a license.
Every month we run a series of webinars to help improve your product skills and knowledge of the translation industry. At the end of each webinar there is also the opportunity to ask any questions you may have in a Q&A session.
Online Product Help
Premium Support and Maintenance Agreement (PSMA)
Whilst all the options above are free, investing in a PSMA contract has many benefits for freelance translators, LSPs and corporations. These include:
- Latest product upgrades, updates and services for the duration of your agreement
- Unlimited support requests (response time based on severity of the case)
- Priority level determined by you
- Response time for critical support requests between 3 hours and 1 day, dependent on your PSMA agreement
This blog is also a great place to find helpful tips and tricks for SDL Trados Studio, news about product releases, the latest SDL AppStore apps and to keep up to date with translation industry insights.
As you can see, we have various resources to provide you with the help and support you need. I hope you enjoy taking advantage of everything we have to offer.
*Please note with the release of SDL Trados Studio 2017, the upgrade path from SDL Trados Studio 2011 will end on 31 March 2017. After this date, all upgrade discounts will be withdrawn and the later versions of SDL Trados Studio will only be available by purchasing a full license.* Upgrade today!